Saturday, April 9, 2016

Staycation Challenge San Diego: Day 8 - Trying New Things

Day eight of my staycation adventures was a productive day mostly.  I caught up with correspondence, practiced a bit of my Spanish, and booked salon appointments for the weddings I'm in this summer.  This way I don't have to worry about failing at hair on the day of the wedding and embarassing the bride.  Some days my hair likes to do anti-gravity tricks and some days it likes to channel wildling vibes.  So, I'm letting the professionals tackle it for the two weddings in which I am part of the bridal party.  After all this productivity, I watched a fantastic movie, chatted with a few good friends and came home to relax.

Day eight's prompt was to make your Friday nights great again.  Now, when I travel I usually wear myself out walking and site-seeing all day and go for a good meal and an earlyish night.  But I like to try new things when I travel.  I try new foods and drinks and try to experience local culture.  So, for my day eight I tried to make my own caiprinhas, a drink I discovered and loved in Spain but haven't had in a few years.  So, I tried doing something new, and made a caipirinha, which wasn't bad for a first attempt.  I have a feeling I'll be doing a bit more experimenting with proportions to make it right though.  Then I took my drink to the couch and relaxed while watching Jane Austen's Persuasion.  All in all, it definitely made my rainy Friday night great.


Tomorrow will be a more adventurous day.  So, if you are interested in reading any of my other more exciting days for the staycation challenge, check here.

No comments:

Post a Comment