Monday, April 11, 2016

Staycation challenge San Diego: Day 11 - Passing on Kindness

The challenge for today was to give the world back what it gives to you.  Be it kindness, a smile from a stranger, or a gift from a friend.  This seemed especially appropriate today.  Because I just started my new job today.

Today, I embarked on a journey with a new company and a totally new profession because a friend had the kindness to reccommend me, strangers took a chance on me, and people I'd never met were willing to be my friend.  I was welcomed with open arms, accepted despite my quirks, and encouraged with great patience and kindness.  

I tried in my turn to be as friendly and accepting and encouraging of my fellow new-starters.  But I was thoroughly overwhelmed with the kindness.  This is the sort of company that you actually want to do your absolute best for.  They just encourage that sort of loyalty with their kindness and friendly culture.

I am so appreciative of my friends and all the kindness from new friends I found today.  I hope I will be able to be as kind and supportive of you in the future as you were of me today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment