Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Staycation Challenge San Diego: Day 5 - Total Relaxtion

Today, after all my adventuring and writing and stress about the multitude of things going on in life I was tried.  So, rather than go out and have an adventure today for the fifth day of my staycation challenge, I decided to embrace another aspect of vacations entirely.  I decided today was the time to indulge in total relaxation.

I holed up in my room and lazed about in pajamas.  I read a book.  I catnapped with my kitty.  I did nothing truly productive.  I ate loads of chocolate.  It was completely marvelous.

Later in the afternoon, I went to the nursery (Walter Anderson's Nursery in Poway) to look at the California native plants.  My hill is enitrely too full of scorching sunshine to support normal plants.  Only the hardiest native varieties have even the tiniest hint of a chance at survival on my hill.

So after a wander around the nursery I snapped a few pictures of the adorable and charming miniature village they have built for the miniature railroad.  It is complete with small ponds filled with fish, waterfalls and beautifully landscaped little scenes.

Walter Anderson's Nursery Poway
Train trestle over the waterfall and pond

Walter Anderson's Nursery Poway
Pond complete with little fish

Walter Anderson's Nursery Poway
Everything is better with a biplane

Walter Anderson's Nursery Poway
Train running over the bridge

Walter Anderson's Nursery Poway
The old Wild Wild West scene

Walter Anderson's Nursery Poway
Dinosaurs!

Walter Anderson's Nursery Poway
There is even a forest of carnivorous plants

Walter Anderson's Nursery Poway
I mean, how charming is this whole village with it's living miniature trees and houses?
Check back in tomorrow for more adventures in my staycation challenge.

I'm hoping tomorrow will be super exciting because I am going on a whale watching tour.  I'm hoping I'll get some lovely pictures of whales for you all tomorrow.

Until then let me leave you with a small bit of advice for life.  The Madder Hatter tip of the day is that everyone needs a break once in awhile.  Embrace your inner cat.  Nap, relax and enjoy the sunshine and the moment every once in a while.

Safe travels,
The Madder Hatter

No comments:

Post a Comment